Monday, May 17, 2010

GAS!

It seems like the past week has been really tense. And not the stress type of tense. The bloated, gassy type. ICK. I get incredibly bloated after pretty much every meal. And considering that I eat every 2-3 hours, that equals out to just about all day. No fun.

So, after some googling, I found out that this is quite a common problem. Various sources state that it is caused by the digestion of both protein and carbohydrates at the same time. Here's a link to one of the forums I read.

Most of the sites say that the solution is beano before, or gas-x after eating. I'll be trying those this week. For those who are seeking a more natural solution there are also teas to try. Fennel or Peppermint tea seem to work best. I'm not really a tea person, but I may give peppermint tea a try.

Todays New Food/Ingredient: Agave Nectar

I just made my own yogurt! Well, I just "flavored" my own yogurt.

The "recipe" is just approximations, but it was so good, I have to share it.














Cherry Almond Yogurt:

8 frozen dark sweet cherries
1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon agave nectar

I used my Magic Bullet blender, because I like that I can pretty much eat straight out of the cup.

Pulse until the cherries have been pulverized. Add yogurt, almond extract, agave nectar, and blend until smooth. I garnished with almond slivers. Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment