Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Energy & Bee Pollen

I can't believe how much energy I have. It seems that no matter what task I have at hand, I always have the energy, both mental and physical, to complete it. I'm still a little sleepy in the morning, but I'm hoping that's just been because I am sick. Yesterday when I woke up though, I wasn't sleepy at all.

Yesterday I went grocery shopping for nearly six hours, from 11am to 5:30pm with an hour break for lunch with the hubs, Dan. I went to Sam's Club for a few of my bulk items. I scored some freshly frozen green beans and freshly frozen broccoli florets. I'll let you know how those taste. I also went to Whole Foods, and our local bargain grocery store Shop N Save.

Then I managed to squeeze in a car wash and stop in at work to pick up some dog food.

When I got home, I cooked cleaned out my fridge and threw out all my unclean/anti-food. Miracle Whip, Ketchup, barbeque sauces, ranch dip, tartar sauce... ice cream... It all had to go. Then I cooked dinner: Salmon. I was under the impression that salmon was difficult to cook. But it was actually REALLY easy. 12 min in the oven at 350degrees. On the side was a corn saute (made of roasted red peppers, corn, and onion) and a black bean salsa with tomatoes onion, garlic, cilantro and lemon juice. I took the recipe from this months Clean Eating magazine. YUM.

After dinner more cleaning commenced! This time I attacked my pantry. I boxed up half a dozen hamburger helpers, pasta that wasn't whole wheat, more ketchup, more dressing, Crystal Light (because I'm avoiding aspartame too), and those ready made soups and chilis that dominated my life not so long ago.

All the while I was multitasking! I was boiling eggs and grilling up a dozen chicken breasts for the week, washing dishes (GOD I NEED A DISHWASHER!), and jamming to my favorite music. But seriously, I just kept going. Sure I was tired, but it was more like the fatigue you get from a good workout. And whenever I thought surely I'd run out of energy soon, I just kept going. My brain was firing away too.


Favorite Product of the Week:
St. Dalfour Fruit Conserves (I like the strawberry)

This is exactly what I've been looking for! A little runnier than typical jams, jellies, and preserves, but with NO added sweeteners. It's 100% fruit. So it's a clean option for when I'm really craving a PB&J or toast
and jam.



Favorite New Food Ingredient:


This is what I attribute my energy to. Collected from the bees before they enter the hive, this is actual pollen that's mixed with tiny bits of honey left on the bees legs. It tastes a little like honey, a little like flowers/pollen. But it's a complete protein, with a bit of a sweetening affect on your food. I mix it into my oatmeal, which I eat at least 5 times a week. Start off slowly, with about 1/4 teaspoon, and increase the amount up to a couple tablespoons if you want. It's also been known to increase libido in some.

Weigh in: 204.6

1 comment: