Wednesday, April 14, 2010

THIS is healthy!?!?!?!?

That's what my husband said to me last night. I served up a ground pork mixture with roasted red potatoes. It had zucchini, red pepper, corn, peas. onions, paprika and garlic of course. It took about forty minutes, with most of the time spent chopping because I suck at it. I got the pork, extra lean, from Whole Foods. It was the first time I'd ever cooked with ground pork and it was really really good, although I think this recipe could have just as easily been made with turkey. I over-cooked the potatoes a little, but that's ok really. I HATE tough skins on potatoes.

Needless to say, Dan loved it. His reaction was seriously "THIS is healthy!?!?!? We've been missing out!" It's nice to know that the food that I spend time and energy on keeps him so satisfied. Not only does it taste unbelievably good, it's also good for us and leading us to find our slimmer, healthier selves.

I got to try Goat Cheese for the first time. YUM. Fattening, so use sparingly. Also, this is the first time I've ever liked zucchini in anything. It makes me feel bolder, and more confident when it comes to cooking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment