Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Traveling & Caffeine

I suck at travelling. I don't make good choices and I succumb to peer pressure. Pizza? Sure. Steak? Abso-freaking-lutely. Ice Cream from Braum's the best ice-cream store in the world. Why not? Thank god no one offered me a donut. I did make some decent breakfast choices. A piece of toast with St. Dalfour Conserves, and some scrambled egg whites. A breakfast power sandwich from Panera/St. Louis Bread Co. But I also skipped some meals... SHAME!

But I didn't skimp on my water intake. I just kept chuggin it. And I worked out a TON. I've been cleaning my grandmothers house, so for 3-5 hours a day I hauled, swept, threw, and carried pile after pile of junk to the truck and then to the dump. My obliques got quite the workout.

I've found that most essential to this diet, or any diet really, is a well-stocked kitchen. The very first thing I do when I arrive in Tulsa is go grocery shopping. I buy fresh fruits and veggies, whole grains, my favorite peanut butter, and lean meats. I can't imagine being able to do this without a kitchen. But I'm sure it could be figured out.

Also, on the trip down to Tulsa, I was driving late at night and worried about falling asleep. So I got one 12oz glass bottle of full sugar, full caffeine Mt. Dew. Followed by a 12oz can. Followed by a 20oz plastic bottle. All in all it was 44 oz of syrupy craziness. When we arrived in Tulsa at 1:30am I was still buzzing and couldn't fall asleep until 4am! While the caffeine did keep me alert, it also kept me up super late and my whole sleep schedule was thrown off. I didn't wake up until 11am the next day, a big change from my usual rising time of 7am. And I still feel groggy and all out of whack.

Weigh in: 201.0 - despite travelling I managed to lose 3 pounds. I guess all the work paid off!

1 comment: